Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentines Day



I thought you might enjoy looking at some very very old buttons from my collection. Buttons can be so very interesting, like quilts you can only wonder about the history of them, where they came from and what type of clothing they adorned. Collecting anything to do with sewing has always been of interest to me. I guess this is one more thing we can learn about. The materials they are made from. Where they are made. When I was in Houston for the Quilt Show, I had the opportunity of finding some very unique glass buttons from Czechoslovakia which are just absolutely beautiful. The person who sold them to me gave me the whole history on them which I was totally fascinated by. I think everything has a story to it, and you will have the opportunity of seeing these beautiful glass buttons on my projects for Creative Machine Embroidery in a future issue. Enjoy lots of chocolate on this special day. 

  

All photos show Antique style buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment